The City of Tallahassee and the Police Benevolent Association (PBA) have reached an agreement on collective bargaining contracts for the Police Officer & Investigators Bargaining Unit and the Sergeants & Lieutenants Bargaining Unit
The estimated three-year base cost for the wage component of the agreement is $5,067,136 and will cover the period of October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2020.
The issue is scheduled to be voted on during the the April 11th city commission meeting.
The PBA conducted a ratification vote among their members on April 5, 2018.
The collective bargaining agreements covering the Police Officer & Investigators Bargaining Unit and the Sergeants & Lieutenants Bargaining Unit expired on September 30, 2017. Negotiations with the PBA resulted in successor 3-year agreements.
Parameters of the agreement are listed below:
- Officers and Investigators – a 4.5% step for employees eligible to step and a 3% ATB (across the Board) for employees in the top step in FY18, FY19 and FY20. FY18-effective date of increase is 1/6/2018.
- Sergeants and Lieutenants – a 3% ATB with no step progression in FY18, FY19 and FY20. FY18-effective date of increase is 1/6/2018.
- Employee contribution to pension will remain at 11.25% for all members employed prior to 10/1/2012 and 13.69% for all members employed on or after 10/01/2012 for FY18, FY19 and FY20.
- Changes to pension plan design as described above include:
- No contribution to pension when employee enters DROP
- No COLA while in DROP for future DROP participants
- Discontinue interest payment on the refund of employee pension contributions
- COLA moved to age 55 for participants with a pension entry date on or after 01/01/1998 and earlier than 01/01/2001. All other participants with a pension entry date on or after 01/01/2001, COLA remains at age 62.