Gillum Committee Pulls in $3.3 Million, Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg Gives $250K

Gillum Committee Pulls in $3.3 Million, Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg Gives $250K

The News Service of Florida Staff

With a boost from the Democratic Governors Association, a political committee closely tied to Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum raised $3.3 million from Sept. 29 through Friday, according to a newly filed finance report.

Gillum’s Forward Florida committee received $1 million last week from the Democratic Governors Association, while other large contributions included $250,000 from former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. The Gillum committee also funneled $4.2 million last week to the Florida Democratic Party and had about $3.2 million in remaining cash on hand as of Friday, according to the report posted on the state Division of Elections website.

Republican gubernatorial candidate Ron DeSantis’ political committee, Friends of Ron DeSantis, had not filed un updated finance report as of mid-day Tuesday. Political candidates and committees face a Friday deadline for filing such reports.

6 Responses to "Gillum Committee Pulls in $3.3 Million, Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg Gives $250K"

1. Bill Carlton   October 9, 2018 at 7:48 pm

If he is such as strong candidate, why is it necessary for outsides to make all of the donations?

• News Maven   October 9, 2018 at 9:25 pm

All this outsiders money talk just reminded me I need to do my LAUNDRY.

2. News Maven   October 9, 2018 at 9:28 pm

All this talk about outsiders money just reminded me that I need to do my laundry.

3. News Maven   October 11, 2018 at 2:16 pm

BREAKING: Via WFLA —
    150,000-gallon sewage spill in Summerbrooke!

That’s on you, ‘Drew.

4. DK   October 12, 2018 at 7:16 pm

So where’s the outrage that a Chicago Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager just put 8 million on DeSantis?

5. Tango247   October 13, 2018 at 9:59 pm

I was really wondering who is left to “win over” by spending all the money on either side of the equation. There is so clear and distinct a difference between the candidates that no measure based on fact or position is going to sway anyone with any sense of the issues from one side or the other. Tragically, all either could hope to do is create name recognition in the hopes of triggering the “I’ve heard of that guy” voter class into casting. That said, I suspect at least one of the two is siphoning enough to pay future legal fees.