During the December 14th Leon County School Board meeting, the Board approved the following construction items:
- An agreement with 4M Design Group, P.A., for a window replacement project at RAA Middle School. The amount of the agreement is $9,600.
- The Board approved a contract for $11,267 for McGinnis & Fleming Engineering, Inc. to complete a window replacement project at Fort Braden School.
- The School Board approved Pennoni Associates, Inc. to complete the replacement of Desoto Trail Elementary School and Killearn Lakes Elementary Schools basketball courts. The total cost of the project is $5,766.
- Buck Lake Elementary School was approved to purchase and install a new digital marquee. The sign will be placed in the parent pick-up area and will serve to improve communication with parents. Costs for the new sign are expected to total $26,890 and will be paid for by the Parent Teacher Organization.
- Lastly, the Board approved an agreement with Barkley Consulting Engineers, Inc. for $15,900. The agreement allows Barkley Consulting to complete column repairs at Killearn Lakes Elementary School.