At Tuesday’s Leon County School Board meeting, the Board will consider amending the 2018-19 capital budget by approximately $11.5 million.
The Capital Outlay Committee met on December 5, 2018 to discuss amending the previously approved Capital Outlay Budget for 2018-19. The Capital Outlay committee is comprised of district staff, school staff, a school board member and citizens.
The amendments include the following:
- Fairview Middle – budget an additional $8,500,000 to complete Remodel/Renovation Building 3, Demolish Building 1 and site work
- Rickards High – budget an additional $448,363 for New Construction
- Athletics – budget an additional $200,000 for site work at Chiles Regional Football Stadium
- Transportation – ratify budget to include $291,151 that was used to purchase passenger vans
- Maintenance – budget an additional $649,244 (Additional PECO Funds)
These amendments leaves Leon County Schools with a reserve of $3,000,000 plus the remaining fund balance of $118,304