In 2018 five Leon County schools made the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) list of the state’s 300 lowest performing elementary schools.
The recently released 2019 FSA score show mixed results for these five schools.
- None of the five elementary schools scored above the Leon or Florida state averages for the 2019 FSA English and FSA Math scores.
- Oak Ridge and Pineview elementary schools showed significant gains in the percentage of students which scored a level 3 or above in the FSA Math and FSA English tests when compared to 2018 results.
- The most significant improvement among the group was reported for Oak Ridge Elementary School’s FSA Math score, which jumped from 30.3% in 2018 to 53.3% in 2019.
- Hartsfield and Bond elementary schools show mixed results. Both schools had lower FSA English scores when compared to 2018, but both had higher FSA Math scores.
- Riley Elementary School showed significant declines in both FSA English and FSA Math scores. The FSA English score fell from 31.7% to 22.5% and the FSA Math score fell from 46.5% to 36.2%.