TALLAHASSEE, FLA. – This past Tuesday evening, the Tallahassee Quarterback Club hosted Florida State University Head Football Coach Willie Taggart at the University Center Club to kick off its 70th annual program season.
Throughout football season, The Tallahassee Quarterback Club hosts exclusive events that feature nationally recognized guest speakers, and showcases outstanding performances by local high school football student-athletes.
The 2019 guest speaker line-up and schedule of events includes:
- August 20th – F.S.U. Head Coach, Willie Taggart
- September 10th – Former F.S.U. Quarterback, E.J. Manuel
- September 24th – Former F.S.U. Wide Receiver, Peter Warrick
- October 8th – Former Kansas State University Head Coach, Bill Snyder
- October 22nd – ESPN Sportscaster, Holly Rowe
- November 5th – Bobby Bowden’s Dadgum 90th Birthday Bash with Coach Bobby Bowden!
- November 19th – CBS Sports Analyst, Houston Nutt
- December 3rd – Former Head Coach of the Chicago Bears and Miami Dolphins, Dave Wannstedt
Membership, event tickets and additional information is available at www.tallahasseeqbclub.com
The Tallahassee Quarterback Club was formed in 1949 to support local high school and college football. The club and its members have a passion for the game of football while recognizing and supporting good sportsmanship. The club meets during the football season and caps the year with its annual Jamboree Awards Dinner.
In 1994, The Tallahassee Quarterback Club served as a catalyst in the creation of The Tallahassee Quarterback Club Foundation, Inc which presents the Biletnikoff Award to the nation’s outstanding collegiate wide receiver each year and provides academic scholarships to deserving high school students who have overcome significant obstacles to achieve success in both the classroom and community.