The City of Tallahassee after receiving public input, applying the minimum required criteria and speaking with property owners, has narrowed the list of potential locations for a new Tallahassee Police Department (TPD) headquarters to five properties. Those five properties are:
- Lake Bradford Road Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1815 Lake Bradford Road (City-owned)
- Current Tallahassee Police Department, 234 E. 7th Avenue (City-owned)
- Northwood Centre, 1904 N. Monroe Street/514 W. Tharpe Street (City-owned)
- Florida Department of Children and Families Complex, 1317 Winewood Boulevard
- Towne South Shopping Center, 2525 S. Monroe Street
The City press release stated that these short-listed properties will be brought before the City Commission for consideration at its October 16 meeting and the list is expected to be reduced to three or less.
At that point, staff will be authorized to initiate community meetings, in-depth evaluations of each remaining property and develop preliminary conceptual plans.
The City noted that written notices of the City Commission meeting has been mailed to the property owners and tenants within 1,500 feet of each short-listed property.