Jeff Hendry Files for Leon County Commission

Jeff Hendry Files for Leon County Commission

Jeff Hendry, the Executive Director of the John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government, has filed to run for the Leon County Commission in 2020. Hendry is running for the County’s At Large Group 1 seat which is currently held by Mary Ann Lindley, who announced she will not seek another term.

The Leon County Supervisor of Elections website shows that David Hawkins, Erik Michael David and Melissa Villar have previously filed to run for the seat.

In a press release, Hendry said, “Leon County has always been home for me. I’ve been blessed to have found great professional and personal opportunities in our community, and now I want to work relentlessly to make sure every neighbor in every zip code can do the same.”

Hendry is a graduate of Godby High School and received a Bachelors and Master’s degree in Public Administration from Florida Atlantic University.

Hendry believes his work with local governments over the last thirty years provides a unique perspective about governance. “My experience has told me that good governance happens when communities marry a strong ethical foundation with strategic decision making and that is what I aim to bring to the Leon County Commission,” said Hendry.

In the campaign press release, Hendry praised the efforts of Commissioner Lindley with regards to job training.

“Our community has been blessed to have a great public steward in Mary Ann Lindley these past eight years. Her work on job training and launching Leon Works has been impactful and my aim will be to continue that tradition while pursuing an agenda focused on creating expanded and practical career opportunities for Leon County residents,” said Hendry.

Hendry is married and a father of two and has managed for the past 20 years the Capital Tiger Bay Club.

Please follow and like us:

11 Responses to "Jeff Hendry Files for Leon County Commission"

1. Avatar
    Stanley Sims   October 2, 2019 at 10:23 am

I would like to have a one on one with him… We must hold our elected officials accountable!

2. Avatar
    Hope   October 2, 2019 at 10:33 am

Mr Hendry is ignoring the crime rate, he is an Insider as isn’t Lindley involved with the Tiger Bay?

Praising Lindley is an absolute concern. This county is so much more worse off than we were before. To tout Lindley is again ridiculous!

She bungled The Joint Dispatch, Waste Pro, and the CRA to name a few of her failures. She paved the way for Scott Maddox’s, among others, corruption to do great harm to this community.

Is this candidate a Republican, Democrat, or Independent?

This candidate seems to be a nice person and very well educated, but so is Mayor Dailey and he is out on junkets to Costa Rica, oblivious to the high rate of crime, and making TV commercials misusing his position as mayor.

Did Mr Hendry attend the recent farcical event at Amelia Island?

I believe David Hawkins is the better bet in this race.

3. Avatar
    Randy Cowart   October 2, 2019 at 10:46 am

He just took the high road instead of being negative, something your not used to.

4. Avatar
    Jerry A Kimbro   October 2, 2019 at 12:35 pm

The real question is – is he a Democrat?

Snidely Whiplash   October 2, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Use duck duck go [its hard to find on google]. http://flvoters.com/index
      There you will see Jeff, yourself, and everyone else you want to know about.
      Jeff’s registered as no party affiliation.

5. Avatar
    Jeb   October 2, 2019 at 12:59 pm

Why should party matter? It’s a nonpartisan position.

Hope   October 2, 2019 at 1:17 pm

We have a right to know if he is a Republican or a Democrat or an Independent and in this County it matters.

6. Avatar
    Hope   October 2, 2019 at 1:15 pm

What did I say that wasn’t the truth? Don’t bully, attack, or berate the messenger.

If you think what they are doing is NEGATIVE, again don’t attack the messenger.

I only report what I observe… the truth.

But, you have given the perfect example of what is wrong and the ongoing dysfunction that the truthsayers are victimized by the perpetrators.

Where were you when Scott Maddox was pillaging and robbing this community and innocent citizens? I’ve been speaking for years and people like you just sit there and do nothing and let other people get victimized.

Where were you when our community was at risk because of a faulty joint Dispatch Center because of poor management? The rank-and-file were even victimized at the Dispatch Center and it cost several citizens their lives? I didn’t hear you say anyting?

Where were you when elected officials didn’t live in their districts and those districts have the highest crime rate. I didn’t hear you speak out?

Where were you when Mayor Dailey was making car commercials and misusing his position as mayor? I didn’t hear you speak out?

Go ahead victimize the truthsayers and sit there and do nothing, but I will speak out because I believe in humanity.

7. Avatar
    Hope   October 2, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Mr. Jeff Hendry in 2014 recognized Gil ziffer as Municipal Official of the Year.

Ziffer facilitated corruption that resulted into a large FBI investigation. Ziffer did nothing about the Dispatch Center, did nothing about the crime rate, could be under FBI investigation himself… are you kidding me!?

8. Avatar
    Will Haley   October 2, 2019 at 2:43 pm

I have known Jeff Hendry since 1977. Great candidate.I support bim.

Hope   October 2, 2019 at 4:39 pm

He seems like a nice man and well-educated, but is he the Corruption-Dysfunction Junction’s succession plan?