Amid an increase in COVID-19 cases, Dr. Dean Watson, VP and Chief Integration Officer at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital (TMH), shared detailed information about COVID-19 via a video released on Twitter yesterday.
Dr. Watson stated:
- Twenty-eight million people have been tested in the U.S. The majority of individuals coming back positive today are under the age of 35 and most of them are not symptomatic.
- We are seeing a reduction in hospitalizations and reduction in mortality across the country.
- The key indicators are hospitalization and mortality, not the number of positive tests.
- We are seeing across the world that the virulence or the infection ability of the virus is reducing.
- If you cannot social distance, wearing a mask is imperative.