At the June 16th Leon County School Board meeting, officials addressed the following construction items.
- The Board approved the release of $159,281 for Allstate Construction, Inc. for completing the “Rickards High School, Phase 5, Demolition, Site Work, Utilities, Elevator, Canopies and New Construction Project.”
- The Board approved the pre-qualifying of four contractors for a one-year period allowing them to bid on LCSB construction projects. The contractors include Construction Solutions, LLC, JBE Sitework LLC, Johnson Controls Fire Protection LP, and Register Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc.
- A new digital marquee sign for Roberts Elementary School was approved during the Board meeting. The projected total cost for the new sign is $21,190 and is paid for by funds from the PTO.
- Gilchrist Elementary School was approved for a digital marquee sign projected to cost $26,027. The PTO is contributing $12,000 and district FF&E funds will supply the remaining $14,027 for the new marquee.
- Additionally, Gilchrist Elementary School requested and was approved for a new shade shelter structure for their media center. The project will be paid for by PTO funds.
- The Board approved new decorative wooden sculptures, of books, for the entrance of the Buck Lake Elementary School media center. The sculptures will line both sides of the entrance and will represent some of the student’s favorites. The total cost is expected to be $2,500 for materials and all labor is all volunteer work.