On July 26, the Tallahassee Board of REALTORS® (TBR) announced its recommendations for candidates in a number of local races. TBR’s endorsement also comes with financial support from Political Action Committee funds.
Every election cycle, TBR invites all candidates for local elections to attend interviews to determine which candidates TBR will recommend.
Will Shepherd, TBR President, said “REALTORS® work daily to promote and protect strong communities, and we support local candidates dedicated to improving the quality of life here in Tallahassee and Leon County.”
Lee Snowden, chairman of TBR’s Governmental Affairs Committee, and more than 15 volunteers questioned the candidates on a range of local issues.
“It’s important that our members understand the candidates’ positions on matters affecting our community, including private property rights, economic development, education, safety, and infrastructure, and that they exercise their right to vote,” Snowden said.
The endorsements are listed below:
- Jasmine Ali-Mohammed, Leon County Commission, District 1
- Emily Fritz, Leon County Commission, District 3
- Alva Striplin, Leon County School Board, District 1
- Darryl Jones, Leon County School Board, District 3
- Marcus Nicolas, Leon County School Board, District 5
- Jeremy Matlow, Tallahassee City Commission, Seat 3
- Robert Lotane, Tallahassee City Commission, Seat 5
- John Dailey, City of Tallahassee Mayor